Trolling motor help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grover

Reaction score
I am brand new to this boating and fishing thing so I am reading a lot and learning what I can. I have a 1974 model Lowe 1448. It came with an older(approx 1980) Evinrude that I think is about a 6-8 hp. I haven't got into looking for a model number or tag so I'm not sure on the motor. It also came with an older Minn-Kota trolling motor. I think it is a 34 lb thrust. We bought a group 29 deepcycle battery at Wally world and a Pro Mariner on board charger.
Now for the problems.
Got the motor starter but doesn't want to run smoothly. I have to feather the choke and/or the throttle to keep it running. Not sure if it just needs a carb adjustment or what.
The trolling motor has 5 speeds and will not do anything on 1 and 2. To get it going I usually have to go to 4 and then go back to 3 for slow trolling speed.
Any suggestions on either of the motors?

We plan on tearing it down this winter and give it a once over...paint, wiring, decks, etc

Thanks

Make a separate post in engines for your evinrude and get the serial number to us so we know exactly what you have. It starts and runs so the idle issue should be an easy fix.

Latest posts