Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking in. Down from 183 to 181 so lost 2 pounds which isn't bad considering I was traveling this week and didn't eat as well as I would have if I'd been at home.

Discovered that the treadmills at the hotel will kick your butt way more than walking the neighborhood.

I have decided as hard as it is for me to loose weight, that maybe I just needed to be taller...Jan 1, 6'1" and 245#....today is the 9th and according to the scale at the gym weight is now 241# so I did loose 4 lbs.....However there is a big dissapointment in my stretching excersese and my hanging from the steel beam in the basement. Still only 6' 1"..I have not given up yet on the height thingey but am, like a lot of you, serious about the weight.
good luck to everyone and please stop talking about Blizzards and pizza....that doesn't help me much.
peace
Ron

i am down 4 lbs so far this week is gonna be tough working 2nd shift i dont eat well on this shift

Updated original weigh-in post. I've lost 7.4 lbs this week.

For those of you working out, keep in mind that the scale is NOT the best indicator on getting in shape. Initially you will have a big drop off of weight - then you will settle in to 1-3 lbs a week as you are losing fat but gaining muscle. A better measurment of your health then will be how your clothes begin fitting.

Ok...here goes...I will update this list almost daily....
12/31/10 @ 248.5
1/3/11 @ 248
1/10/11 @ 249 - up 1 pound.... need to get more active and snack less...

Jim said:
S&MFISH said:
Don't weigh yourself too much. Water fluctuation day to day will drive you absolutely nuts, trust me I know.

I think this will help me.. I usually weigh myself daily and get too anxious to see what the scale will say the next day... kinda loose focus on the long term goal and just focus form day to day....does drive me nuts not seeing much of a daily change. Tried posting here weekly but still doing the daily obsesion thing with the scale... time to regroup and focus on weekly weight loss not daily....

New plan.... focus on loosing in 10 pound increments (not 10 lbs. weekly)...loose 10 move on the the next 10....last time I got to 142 and could not deem to break the 140 mark....this time 140 will be a sign to go for 130.....

Outdoorsman

Facts:6'1" 36 years old- sit at a desk all day long.

12/01 - 227.5
12/29 - 217.0
01/05 - 214.6
01/12 - 214.6 (great considering we traveled, ate like pigs, deserts every meal,and I was up 4.5 pounds on Monday)

Next week, it's 210 or bust!

12/31/10 @ 248.5
1/3/11 @ 248
1/10/11 @ 249 - Up 1 pound.... need to get more active and snack less...
1/13/11 @ 246.5 - Did some snow shovelin.... :D

Outdoorsman

bought a proform 400ct treadmill yesterday. A good deal at Sams Club at $500 (vs $600-1,300 elsewhere)

Should be able to watch the weight pour off now that I have something to do to exercise in the winter!

I updated my first thread but copied it here too.

January 1, 2011 - 246.8 pounds House scales...They LIE! :LOL2:
January 7, 2011 - 239.0 even 7.8 pounds. Good but it will slow down now going forward.
January 14, 2011 - 232.4 6.6 pounds this week. I hit the Gym every day and killed myself shoveling this week :LOL2:

6.6 pounds this week.

Too much in my opinion but I will take it.

Way to go Jim! You guys are dropping weight like crazy and mine is just dripping off. Will do my update tomorrow but should have stepped on the scales this morning. Originally we were meeting some friends at an awesome Cajun restaurant Saturday night but it has been moved to tonight so I know the scales will be cruel to me in the morning.

I'm down 8.9 pounds. Starting weight was 253.4, todays weight is 244.5.

Starting Weight - 253.4
Jan 7 - 244.5
Jan 14 - 240.2

I'm down 4.3 pounds this week, and 13.2 pounds overall. :D

I have plateaued. Even though I read about the commonness of plateauing....I have been pretty shocked at its happening to me.

I dropped 15.8 pounds quickly in four weeks...then bounced up .8 a pound...then followed that with another .6 lb gain the following week. All of that, while religiously following the point guidelines of WeightWatchers.

Heck, I didn't even use up the extra 49 weekly points that are allowed a member. I can't quite figure it out...but...I will stay the course and hope for some LOSS instead of gain over the next week.

I did join the YMCA mid week. I'd like to blame the modest gain on turning fat into muscle. But, two day's exercise could hardly do that...even to this old guy. We shall see. regards, Rich

i dropped 9 lbs right away.... and then i thought... i want to be healthy... so i quit dipping... 15 years of tobacco.... well... i quit cold turkey. been a week and a half...... and still no kodiak.... and my weight is suffering.... i have gained 9 lbs. up to 240 lbs.... but at least there is no nicotine in my blood!!!!!!!

i"m really struggling guys.... need some major support!!!!!

I say stick with it, a little added weight in the short term is healthier than the potential problems from the tobacco.

I had my last dip of Grizzly on Nov. 17, I had been chewing for 25+ years. I used the Nicotine gum for the first month and ate everything I wanted, after that I cut back on the food and quit using the gum. So far the hardest part has been the drive to work, every day I would stop and buy two cans of Grizzly on the way. I'm sure the urge will pop back up once the boat comes out of storage in the spring and I get out on the water.

Hooky1420 said:
i dropped 9 lbs right away.... and then i thought... i want to be healthy... so i quit dipping... 15 years of tobacco.... well... i quit cold turkey. been a week and a half...... and still no kodiak.... and my weight is suffering.... i have gained 9 lbs. up to 240 lbs.... but at least there is no nicotine in my blood!!!!!!!

i"m really struggling guys.... need some major support!!!!!

Good for quitting but at a bad time. :D

Now you need to focus on the diet more so than ever.

I know this is going to sound horrible, but you have to start counting calories....especially now that you quit that stuff.

Burn the Fat feed the muscle is a great little PDF(geared for bodybuilders) but the principal is to eat 5-6 times per day around 300-350 calories at a whack. It works!

If your interested I can email it to you.