Upgrading 1030 to 1232

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRyno10

Reaction score
I am very interested in upgrading from my late 60s 1030 Ouachita to a 2006ish 1232 Tracker. I was wondering if yal thought it would be a significant upgrade? Right now I really can't fish 2 people in my boat.. But I know I can in a 12' because I have done so in my buddy's fully modded 1232. But I'd say 90% of the time ill be fishing alone and was wondering if ill notice a difference in fishing solo with that 2 extra feet of length and 2 inch wider bottom. I'm not interested in going up to a 14' because my 6hp wouldn't push it well and I'd need to get a bigger trailer too. Any insight from those who fish 12' would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I fished from a 12' for several years and I usually had a fishing partner along with me. Even though it WAS possible to fish 2 occupants, we found that it was usually pretty tippy and unstable. I had to constantly be alert, as any sudden movement really made me feel like we were going to get soaked! Mine was a 1230, bare bones, no decking or mods. I eventually upgraded to a 1438, and I really like it.