upgrading to a 24 volt trolling motor, need some help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leelatt

Reaction score
So with my decking project started, I want to upgrade my current endura c2 55 to either a maxxum or a terrova, either way I'd like to go with the 80lbs 24v motor, I understand how to create a 24v system but unsure of what trolling motor plug I need, when searching for 24v plugs and receptacles I find ones with with 3 wires instead of two. What exactly is the third wire for? do I have to use those or can I just use a 2 prong/2 10 gauge wire pair like I have now for my endura c2 55?

if anyone can link the proper plug and receptacle on amazon I'd greatly appreciate it.

also, will hopefully post up my build this weekend when I find my camera.

Leelatt said:
So with my decking project started, I want to upgrade my current endura c2 55 to either a maxxum or a terrova, either way I'd like to go with the 80lbs 24v motor, I understand how to create a 24v system but unsure of what trolling motor plug I need, when searching for 24v plugs and receptacles I find ones with with 3 wires instead of two. What exactly is the third wire for? do I have to use those or can I just use a 2 prong/2 10 gauge wire pair like I have now for my endura c2 55?

if anyone can link the proper plug and receptacle on amazon I'd greatly appreciate it.

also, will hopefully post up my build this weekend when I find my camera.
I believe a 3 wire plug is just for 12/24 models.

ah I see, so I can just us a 2 wire plug and recptacle for a 24volt motor?

anyone have any opinions on the terrova vs the maxxum in regards to their features, is the autopilot/copilot and universal sonar on the terrova worth it, what's better cable or electric foot petals?

I have no experience with bow mounted/foot controlled motors, so any advice would be appreciate.

Latest posts