V boat project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugkiller

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. Just posting some pics of the project I have been working on for the last month. New to the forum. Please add any comments or criticism of things you think I did wrong. Not complete yet but I will continue to post pics. It is a 14' springbok ( unsure of the year) I will have better pics of the floor soon. Am puting a fat floot at the botom where i removed the center bench and a front deck at the level of the front seat.

Attachments

• 121.JPG
    121.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,247
  • 141 (2).JPG
    141 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,247
  • 156.JPG
    156.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,247
  • 163.JPG
    163.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,247
Welcome aboard.

Nice looking boat you got. You might reconsider using steel in the boat. Dissimilar metals don't play nice together. I think you're on the right track with the layout though.

Looks like my boat only smaller and cleaner. Welcome my friend. The peolple are very friendly here I just joined also.

I know the steel was a bad idea but i got it for free and funds are limited. This site is great but i am learning lots of stuff i did wrong. Nothing real serious yet except the wiring. I grounded it all directly to the boat. I have seen this done before but found out here this is a big NO NO. Looks like i got some work to do. Hope to post more pics soon. Thanks for the coments.

Got alot done yesterday. Here are some pics

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,018
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,018
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,018
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,018
LOL, No recovery here. Just no bottles in the pics. Many have been consumed during this project. Been working stedy on this every weekend for the last 6 weeks. Cant wait to get her done. I pick up the motor for it this week. hope to get the carpet in it by the weekend and be dony by sunday.

Thats gonna be a fun and awesome fishin machine! Cant wait till your finished so we can start on mine. LOL1st day of pajam rebuild 001.JPG

Yes it will be storage. Not as big as i would have liked but i dont think it would have looked right if i made them higher than the front deck. There is not enough space in them for a rod locker but i am attaching a 6 rod holder to the outside of the storage compartment.

Well it is finnaly done

Attachments

• 044.JPG
    044.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,524
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,524
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,524
  • 053.JPG
    053.JPG
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
looks good!Maybe a radio for the drive to and from the launch ramp.I like radios not all day though,here and there to celebrate a big catch.

Ya i was thinking about a radio but my firs priority right now is a bow mount troling motor.

Thanks guys, Alredy found somthing i want to change though. I made the center seat fixed on a pedistal. I did this cause the removable post and mount are very expensive. I am finding now it would be very nice to be able to remove this when i am alone and to store the seats in the off season.

Latest posts