Vinyl floor substitute - Tuff Coat with paint flakes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Begeti

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm about to start my first boat project and was hoping someone might know something about an idea I had. I really want to use vinyl flooring but it would coast way too much. Has anyone ever used tuff coat and then added paint flakes such as the ones put on garage floors? I thought it sounded like a good idea and would give a similar affect of what vinyl looks like. If anyone had any feedback it would be greatly appreciated!

I ended up going with Nautolex vinyl that I got for $18.99 per yard and used 5 yds on my mods. I think the price was pretty similar to the tuff coat when all is said and done. People who have used the tuff coat seem pretty happy with it but I don't think you are gonna save any $.

That is much cheaper. I was looking at Marideck and it's a lot more expensive. Is the Nautolex pretty comparable? I know it obviously cleans up better than carpet. Do you think it gets hotter or cooler than carpet would? Does it puncture fairly easily? Thanks for all the help!!

Not sure what Marideck is. Pretty sure nautolex is what lund uses standard for its floors and decks. I stay away from carpet because my boat is stored outside and carpet holds water. Vinyl doesn't seem to get too hot not sure if you pick a darker color, probably hotter.

You can by Marideck on Overtons or Basspro. Looks like great stuff, but more then twice of what the Nautolex is. Color wise I would go with some sort of gray. Looks like a great option. I'd like to see if anyone has tried the tuff-coat with paint flakes and see how it came out.

Latest posts