What have you done to your Tin Boat today?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a thread like this on a motorhome forum and though it was great! lots of storage and upgrade ideas. It probably made me spend more money then I should have! I thought I'd get one going on this forum, similar to what @LDUBS just posted. So I will start with an upgrade I did today. Been trying to figure out how to stow the bimini top while not using it. I bought a Bimini slide track kit to push the bimini back while not using it. I ordered the 18" kit but probably needed it to be longer Slide track kit It helped make more room in the boat (16' Crestliner) and allowed seating in the back. Here's what it looked like prior to the slide, no way for someone to sit in the back.
View attachment 120801
View attachment 120802

after sliding rail

View attachment 120803
View attachment 120804

I ordered a Kayak roof mount "foam". Not sure this is the answer for supporting the bimini, but for now, this is what I'm doing. I think there's something better out there, so hoping I see a better solution. I have more sections available for the kayak roof foam if anyone need it. I just cut off a piece and velcro'd it to one of the poles.

Kayak Foam

View attachment 120805

View attachment 120806
Didn't the Canadian model come with bow and rear side rails? My dad was looking for a Canadian last year but could not find one close enough. He ended up finding a Crestliner Sportsman 14. He added his own custom made rails since he liked how they look on the Canadian. He opted to paint them red since he made them from 1/2" conduit.
Saw a thread like this on a motorhome forum and though it was great! lots of storage and upgrade ideas. It probably made me spend more money then I should have! I thought I'd get one going on this forum, similar to what @LDUBS just posted. So I will start with an upgrade I did today. Been trying to figure out how to stow the bimini top while not using it. I bought a Bimini slide track kit to push the bimini back while not using it. I ordered the 18" kit but probably needed it to be longer Slide track kit It helped make more room in the boat (16' Crestliner) and allowed seating in the back. Here's what it looked like prior to the slide, no way for someone to sit in the back.
View attachment 120801
View attachment 120802

after sliding rail

View attachment 120803
View attachment 120804

I ordered a Kayak roof mount "foam". Not sure this is the answer for supporting the bimini, but for now, this is what I'm doing. I think there's something better out there, so hoping I see a better solution. I have more sections available for the kayak roof foam if anyone need it. I just cut off a piece and velcro'd it to one of the poles.

Kayak Foam

View attachment 120805

View attachment 120806
Boosh, didn't the Canadian models come with bow and rear side rails? My dad was looking for a Canadian last year but could not find one close enough. He ended up finding a Crestliner Sportsman 14. He added his own custom made rails since he liked how they look on the Canadian. He opted to paint them red since he made them from 1/2" conduit.

Didn't the Canadian model come with bow and rear side rails? My dad was looking for a Canadian last year but could not find one close enough. He ended up finding a Crestliner Sportsman 14. He added his own custom made rails since he liked how they look on the Canadian. He opted to paint them red since he made them from 1/2" conduit.

Boosh, didn't the Canadian models come with bow and rear side rails? My dad was looking for a Canadian last year but could not find one close enough. He ended up finding a Crestliner Sportsman 14. He added his own custom made rails since he liked how they look on the Canadian. He opted to paint them red since he made them from 1/2" conduit.
They may have been an option or maybe added to a different year? The gunnels are high on the Canadian, something I was looking for. For me I'd rather have a bimini over side rails. I don't know that it was an option for the 2007 model. 2024-06-24 10_03_47-Window.png

Replaced old cable drive 24v TM with a MK Power drive TM, then added a Co-Pilot remote. The lead acid batteries (3) have been replaced with 100AH LifeP04 ...had a 50AH lifeP04 to power electronics went back to 100ah , moved the 50ah to a portable power box build for off grid.tailgating and hunting.

Latest posts