What have you done to your Tin Boat today?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Airshot. I can see how long side bunks would really center the boat, especially if driving the boat up on the trailer. They fit the boat kind of like a glove. With guide posts the bow of the boat could possibly go off center depending on the set-up. But once you snug up the bow winch, the rear of the boat would be centered and settle right down on the bunks. At least that is my experience.

Either way, your post made me realize I should seriously consider the option of another set of brackets and longer side bunks. In my case the current set-up works fairly well, so it is really one of those "nice to do" as opposed to "must do" things. The main issue it would avoid is what @Boosh mentioned -- on some ramps the boat can float over the short side bunks at the rear of the trailer.

By the way, even with my short ones, I unbolt and remove the side bunks when cleaning the boat (probably not as often as I should).
I do power load my boat, so poles are much less usfull. With poles I find it easy to jump a keel roller sideways, so the back is centered but the bow is off the roller. When hand loading probably less of an issue so we are probably comparing two different loading styles with poles. The ramps in my area are shallow enough there is very little chance of a boat floating over the side guides. Living in different parts of the country, we can only recommend what works for us.

A week or more without your boat in the water ?? You need to get your priorities in order ! LOL....life can be cruel...
Lol...I haven't been out in almost a week. Granted we just got back from spending 7 days straight on the water. Probably won't get out for another week or two ill be busy wiring up the new garage and setting everything up.

Been over a week for me, but weather has been the problem and it is not looking good for this next weel either!! Starting withdraw.......

Me too. I'm trying to avoid wind and 100 degree days. Thurday was looking good but current forecast went up to 97. I might just have to get up earlier than normal and get off before it gets too hot.

Well Debbie is gone and the rain it dumped has taken our rivers from levels lower than they have been in my lifetime and put them well above flood stage. The potomac has risen 12ft since Thursdsay morning and has yet to crest. Might be a bit before it is safe to go boating again.

Have not been out for several weeks. It's been 100F+ darn near everyday since June!!

Yesterday was another 100F day but I went anyway. Left home at 4:45 am. Back home at shortly after noon. Only about 3 hours on the water, but we do what we can. New prop worked great.

Things up here are forecast for cooling down early next week.

Well Debbie is gone and the rain it dumped has taken our rivers from levels lower than they have been in my lifetime and put them well above flood stage. The potomac has risen 12ft since Thursdsay morning and has yet to crest. Might be a bit before it is safe to go boating again.
Yikes....been around high fast moving water before...no fun at all. You all stay safe and don't take chances !! Fishing will be poor as well for a while...

When I pulled my trailer out from the side of the house this past May, I somehow clipped the fender on the boat that was laying on its side against the house. The fender broke. Because this is a Chinese made trailer and boat, I was able to order a new fender from Amazon. Just 30 bucks Canadian. 4 bolts later and the new one is installed.
Before...
View attachment 122005
And after the repair...
View attachment 122006
I feel much better now.
I didn't know small boat trailers were made in China. I thought most were made in USA.

Where can you fish on boat in the evenings? Most lakes around me are off by pre-dusk rule. Be nice to try night boat fishing, but nowhere close to try it. Would have to head oveer to CO river and its lakes for night fishing.
Lake Jennings in San Diego is currently open for night fishing. They do it a few months out of the year.

The other day, I installed a 2nd battery and switch to the 16. I've needed that for awhile.

Then, I sanded and painted my 60 Johnson cowling and replaced the decals. Looks much better:
Resized_20240821_085255.jpeg

I also touched up paint on the midsection and lower unit. Might as well use the rest of the can of factory paint. Motor looks much, much better now. So clean that it draws attention to the rest of the boat.

Then, before some friends from out of town arrived, I installed the bimini top from the Princecraft. Perfect fit, and it makes a huge difference in comfort on a hot day.

I think I did a few more things, but I can't remember what, besides bringing the carpet vacuum and getting the carpet looking good and clean again.

Oh yeah... I found a clean, galvanized trailer. I'm thinking of setting it up for this boat, since I like to go in salt water. The painted steel trailer is not faring so well.

I've been working on mine a bit.
Did the floor, etc...
Turning out pretty well so far.
Don't mind the PVC frame... I need to go heavier with it this winter...lol

Attachments

• 20240818_173637.jpg
    20240818_173637.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240818_181022.jpg
    20240818_181022.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240818_201518.jpg
    20240818_201518.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240811_182553.jpg
    20240811_182553.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240811_174208.jpg
    20240811_174208.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240819_194108.jpg
    20240819_194108.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 0
Excellent. You just solved my winter storage cover support problem. Hadn’t thought about using my seat based like you did.