what is the real name for this light bar?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pafree

Reaction score
this is our VFD's boat and i think the "light bar" on the rear would work for me as a place to mount a work light on my boat for night fishing. i am not looking for lights to shine out over the water but shine in and along side the boat when landing a big fish. i think it would sit back far enough to not get in the way of the person fishing in the rear. i could make it removable but looking for the real name to search for other examples.

If it was me, I would go to the fire station and ask to where they got the bar. They should know, with all the paperwork they have to keep. VFD? If you find out let know.

Rescue One is the company that built/modified the boat. i went to their website and saw the light bar as a accessory. i was just thinking of something or even one a one hoop bar that could slip into a couple of pole holders mounted on the transom.

Pafree why don't you just use some PVC(schedule 40 is white and schedule 80 is grey)? Cheap, does not carry a heavy load and won't rust. I like the grey PVC myself.

Attachments

• pafree%2012_zpsd7fbe7cd.jpg
    pafree%2012_zpsd7fbe7cd.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 522
  • pafree 12_zpsd7fbe7cd.jpg
    pafree 12_zpsd7fbe7cd.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 521
i have thought about the PVC ideal and the different fittings could allow for a varity of designs.

thanks for the link, Krawler. looking close at the pictures makes me wonder if i could use metal EMT and EMT elbows which Home Depot has. put it together and give it a good etching primer/top coat/clear seal and it should protect it.

Latest posts