What is this boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLFWats

Reaction score
This boat looks to be mid 60s to me. The only marking on it is a lone star emblem on the steering wheel. I thought, ok, it's a lone star... but I have not been able to find one like it. 20240423_234308.jpg20240423_234154.jpg20240423_234356.jpg

20240427_095826.jpg

Attachments

• 20240427_095745.jpg
    20240427_095745.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240427_095819.jpg
    20240427_095819.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1
Hull shape looks low or a Lonestar, I believe itwas the competition to the Star Craft Islander... Vaguely remember these from my younger days in the 60's working at a small marina.

Hello, I measured it at 19' . The cruiseliners I've seen have been 24'. The lone stars also have the notch in the nose for an anchor rope. The raised portion around the cabin also throws me off and also makes me think mid 60s... towards the end of the 60s most were flat I believe.

I've been messing around with boats from the 60s and 70s for over 15 years now but this one has me stumped. I'd like to see what it originally looked like. I'm definitely putting this back into service, whether it's original or how I would want it is yet to be determined.

IDK, but you'd better replace everything below the waterline before you wet her.
Nah... I was assured she runs great and everything was replaced when it was last used... 😆 it's going to require a good tear down... I might find more out about the boat by looking at the construction as well. I've only had it a couple days at the moment.

Nah... I was assured she runs great and everything was replaced when it was last used... 😆 it's going to require a good tear down... I might find more out about the boat by looking at the construction as well. I've only had it a couple days at the moment.
Let's hope it's wood free or at least dry and not rotten. If you know a LEO they might be able to run the old reg numbers and get some info.

Let's hope it's wood free or at least dry and not rotten. If you know a LEO they might be able to run the old reg numbers and get some info.
Somehow the guy got it registered as a "mercury boat"... I have the paperwork. Must've begged the right person on the right day... he bought it with out paperwork. Pa fish commission is usually pretty strict or they just don't care to help and make you go through all the hoops to register an abandoned boat. Anyhow, it's registered as something other than what it is.

Somehow the guy got it registered as a "mercury boat"... I have the paperwork. Must've begged the right person on the right day... he bought it with out paperwork. Pa fish commission is usually pretty strict or they just don't care to help and make you go through all the hoops to register an abandoned boat. Anyhow, it's registered as something other than what it is.
Oh... and there's wood... it's rotten... but... if it's a lone star they were built with a special hull... like specially matched tires to hit the pace car. I'm pretty sure the stringers are an aluminum channel... like a unibody w/frame construction. I haven't verified that with this boat yet.

Entire boat has a fiberglass inlay. Still no verification of what's under it. Still no tags. Engine serial number is in the 64-72 year range.20240428_195140.jpg20240428_190447.jpg

Latest posts