What kind of Fish Finders do yo guys have?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you guys losing the reading due to the transducer flipping up if transom mounted, or from prop wash? Changing the depth of the transducer mount will often correct these problems.

Then again, if it's inside mounted, not much you can do!

Mine is mounted on the transom and because it it is forward of the prop I doubt it is cavitation from the prop itself, turbulance from the hull maybe. I think it is mounted exactly the way Lowrance says to do it so the centerline of the transducer is parallel too and level with the bottom of the hull. I can't be sure but I thought when I first got the boat that it read an accurate depth even at WOT. I also thought it got bumped up a notch and was reading behind me but I've played with it while trolling and have it set so it read straight down (shallowest reading while floating). I'm not reall sold on through the hull transducers for aluminum hulled boats. At least not with ME installing them.

I use a Furuno FCV-582L and love that unit. Color split screens and even has chart plotter capability (I do not use that feature becuase I run a separate chart plotter)

fcv582l.gif

I did have a problem with loosing signal at speed, but that turned out to be a slightly corroded pin on the connecting cable. A little dialectic grease and an angle adjustment fixed that problem.

I know you said you were looking for a combo unit, but.....

I have a Humminbird Matrix 17 that I bought used. Nice big screen that has many settings to make it easier to see from a distance and it works great!