What's your confidence bait?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your confidence bait?

• Spinnerbait

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Lipless Crankbait

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Diving Crankbait

Votes: 26 17.9%
  • Jerkbaits

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Soft Plastic - Worms/Grubs

Votes: 67 46.2%
  • Soft Plastic - Creatures/Tubes

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • Jigs

Votes: 19 13.1%
  • Swimbaits - Hard body

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Swimbaits - Soft Body

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Topwater - Buzzbaits/Propeller

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Topwater - Frogs/Mice

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Live bait

Votes: 22 15.2%

• Total voters

one100grand

Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what exactly is your confidence bait. Mine tends to change depending on what's catching fish - so I'm letting everyone pick 2; one that's your current and one that's your all time. I've tried to be as comprehensive as possible, but if I left out a bait, please let me know so I can add it.

Live bait works for me. Crawlers and minnows always catch fish.

My #1 all time confidence bait is a Bill Lewis Original Rat-L Trap in the Chrome/Black color.
My current is the Kinami Flash Worm in the Chartreuse/Pumpkin color fished as a wacky worm. I've caught more bass in the past year on this than anything else.

99% of the time I only fish with three things so picking two was easy. I chose worms and jigs. I can always catch something one of those two. My third would be a spinnerbait. Caught my PB on one so they have a special place.

My number one pick for my favorite bait would be a weedless riged senko. Anywhere I fish a senko will always catch fish.

Mine used to be a zara pup, but last year I started using a black/blue fleck senko weedless weightless. Hammered the bass on a tiny pond I fish here.

Not traditionally a bass lure, but my confidence bait is any Mepps inline spinner. A #5 seems to be deadly in the lakes near me for any big fish.

It depends on the time of year, but I can always tie on a crank bait (lipless or shallow diving) and pull something out of the water. I have been lovin on jigs for the past 2 years and usually have one tied on. You can fish a jig so many ways, fish just can't resist them.
Now spinner baits I have trouble with. I have not caught too many fish with them. I think I am secretly happy I lost my last one a few weeks ago. They remain a mystery to me.

This is a great poll, it varies depending on time of year, but soft plastics will always be one of them. My confidence baits change with conditions too, but with that said I went with soft plastics and frogs. Jigs would be next on my list, they will catch fish no matter what time of the year it is.

I assume you are talking bass right?

:twisted: I picked jigs and lipless cranks. They usually get me fish under most conditions. Summertime, I would go with soft plastics though.

Attachments

• GiampietroPark004-4.jpg
    GiampietroPark004-4.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 3,344
  • MaryElmerLake005-7.jpg
    MaryElmerLake005-7.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 3,344
I would have to go with a fire tiger black back, chaur belly and orange diving crankbait, always brought them in for me when nothing else seems to work

jkbirocz said:
This is a great poll, it varies depending on time of year, but soft plastics will always be one of them. My confidence baits change with conditions too, but with that said I went with soft plastics and frogs. Jigs would be next on my list, they will catch fish no matter what time of the year it is.

I assume you are talking bass right?

When I was originally writing it, that's what I originally had in mind-but I don't exclusively fish for bass, so I tried to include every bait I could think of that included baits targeting other species.

90% of the time I'm tossing a jig... the rest is really split between a crankbait (probably 7%) or some type of big 8-10" worm (the rest of the 3%)....

#1 Texas Rigged Senko
#2 Jig

Interesting how much higher the plastic worms rated over everything else! Not surprisng...

Texas rigged weightless green 5" or 7" Senko. Gets 'em every time!

Second choice has got to be the lipless crankbait.

Latest posts