white pine lumber for deck builds

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champ2977

Reaction score
hey folks, I,m new to this site but I like what I see, there is a lot of good people with a lot of good imfo on here. now I just got me a 1436 alumacraft jon with a 2006 mercury 15 hp 4 stroke on the back and im going to put me a small deck on the front do yall think it will be ok on the stability,but just a up,up on the material if you go to lowes or home depot and look in there dumpsters they have 2+2s that comes with crates and they throw them away,they work good for the frames.

I will post some pics when I get things going,if I can figure out how to post pics.

don't go wood its heavy im decking a 1231 front and back im using metal studs its 100% lighter and easier to use go to any commercial construction site and ask for their scrap metal studs dont forget the track that goes with it and its stronger then wood once your sheeting is down look at my thread for more info and pics of my boat any questions ill answer for you if i can

Don't go too high with your decks. The higher you go - the tippier the boat. Make sure you read this thread:
https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9074