wood and carpet question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used cedar 2x4s with thompsons water sealer the carpet is scraps from a new house.

i would like to find some of that gray carpet that is almost like a fuz more than the common loops. i have seen it on other trailers at the local ramps but i think most of them were probably factory.

I believe the carpet you are talking about is just standard marine carpet. You can get it from Bass Pro, Cabelas and many other sources.

i just re-did my bunks this week. i used standard 2x4's, the whole 8 foot length. i used carpet glue i had left over from the boat carpeting, and gray indoor / outdoor carpet i got cheap from a bargain store. wrapped the carpet around 3 times (for cushion) and glued it in between each layer. i stapled the final seam, and then added some sheet rock screws for extra security to keep the carpet on. i chose not to spend the money on water seal, but i figure it's not a hard job to redo them in a couple of years if needed. it was 3 hours (including setting up new brackets to attach the bunks) and only $15 for the wood and carpeting. taken it out a few times and haven't had any issues with the carpet, etc.

i dont think i will replace the wood becuase it seems to be ok but i can move it foward 6"+ to be flush with the end of the trailer. i found the carpet i'm looking for from a local dealer 8"x12' strips for around $14... is that a deal?
tomorrow i'll post a picture of the trailer so ya'll can give me ideas and advice.