Working on my Tracker 1448 Grizzly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't paid attention to this thread for a long time so sorry for the unanswered questions. I have not had any particular issues with the location of the transducer. The only problem I've ever had with the transducer is that I launch at very shallow locations and the dang thing keeps getting knocked out of adjustment. Last summer it really took a beating when the stem got broken and the mount mangled at a concrete launch. Ouch! I made a temporary repair with half a roll of electrician's tape and used it for the rest of the season that way. In the fall I used epoxy to glue it back together and then epoxy putty to reinforce the break. Haven't had it out since and am hoping I don't get a rooster tail out of the deal.

The mounting tabs are for use with small cable ties. They came with self-adhesive backs that won't last. I removed the self-adhesive stuff and used epoxy but did not scrape the paint first. They eventually fell off and it is a repair I need to do before the season starts this year. I'm going to scrape paint and uses super glue gel and hope it will last.