Yet Another Redneck Fender Bumper and Guide-ons Thread . . .

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PATRIOT2

Reaction score
So, how many things can you fabricate out of tubing for your trailer? Here's all I've come up with so far . . . need some more ideas.
The low profile guide-ons are 4" ABS and the transom-saver stays attached at all times to the trailer. The fender bumpers are truck inner-tube rubber, pop-riveted in place.
No permanent waterproof lights on the trailer as they attach high on the boat transom and are easily removed.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,919
  • GuideOns2.jpg
    GuideOns2.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 1,919
  • GuideOns3.jpg
    GuideOns3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,919
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,919
  • GuideOns4.jpg
    GuideOns4.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 1,919
PATRIOT2 said:
...and the transom-saver stays attached at all times to the trailer.
Maybe I am not seeing things right, but do you actually back into the water with that transom saver hanging below the boat??? I'd suspect that, at some point, it would come up against the bottom, rock, stump, or something when backing in - if not, then as the boat rolls off the trailer, it would come down on top of the transom saver and risk damage to either the hull or the transom saver ... ???

donmac said:
PATRIOT2 said:
...and the transom-saver stays attached at all times to the trailer.
Maybe I am not seeing things right, but do you actually back into the water with that transom saver hanging below the boat??? I'd suspect that, at some point, it would come up against the bottom, rock, stump, or something when backing in - if not, then as the boat rolls off the trailer, it would come down on top of the transom saver and risk damage to either the hull or the transom saver ... ???
Nope, never had a problem yet. The boat floats right off the trailer and never touches the saver. It's also high enough that it has never touched bottom. Try it, you'll be glad you did.

muskiemike12 said:
How often do you have to wax the ski's? What about the metal edges?
No waxing . . just gas-n-go.
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=26512

Latest posts