Motor mount clamps for tiller outboard??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbr18

Reaction score
Hi, I have a late 80s 15hp tiller outboard that the motor mount clamps (the 2 threaded bolts that you twist to attach the motor to the transom) broke. Where could i get replacments or has anyone just put bolts thru the transom and connected it like that? Thanks for the help

jbr18 said:
Hi, I have a late 80s 15hp tiller outboard that the motor mount clamps (the 2 threaded bolts that you twist to attach the motor to the transom) broke. Where could i get replacments or has anyone just put bolts thru the transom and connected it like that? Thanks for the help

I would try the salvage yards. I hear Tim's outboards is pretty reasonable...
https://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=438822

They got bent and are rusted pretty bad. Had to take an angle grinder to it, so need new ones now

FWIW, about once a year I back the transom clamp screws out all the way, put a little oil on them, and then retighten them. I've never had a problem with rusted screws or broken ones that way.

Its a a late 80s mariner. was trying to go the cheapest but safest route as possible. Also would galvanized bolts work or should i stick with SS? (is SS stronger or just better rust prevention)

Latest posts