Rebuilding a 1977 Ouachita

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally at long last I'm done with the build. I still need to create a mounting point for flounder gigging lights in the bow and put in a bilge pump but that's it. The boat doesn't want to porpoise now that I have the trolling motor & battery mounted, thank goodness.

baptistpreach - It's a 1436 and is pretty dang stable.

wbd - The different colored grey toward the bottom of the boat is where the steel flex starts. I bought gray pigment for the steelflex so what you see is what you get.

Here's a few pics of the final product. The wood piece in the bow where the switch panel is mounted was measured incorrectly so there is a small gap in the left hand side but it doesn't really bother me so it's getting left how it is.

Boat001.jpg

Boat002.jpg

Boat006.jpg

Boat005.jpg

Boat010.jpg

Boat012.jpg

Boat017.jpg

Boat018.jpg

Boat020.jpg

Very nice and very clean build!

Not sure where your at but I am in Orlando. I only hope my boat is that nice when I'm done.

Bufford

Yeah she runs along at a pretty good clip. I wish I had a GPS so I could get the exact speed but I would guess that it runs about 25 mph or so depending on if I have a passenger or not.

RBuffordTJ - I live just outside of Flagler, about 15 minutes from the ICW.

Nice, the coast over there is beautiful. When I was in high school a buddy of mine and I used to take his jon boat over to the Indian River and fish for sea trout.

Bufford

Great Job,looks awesome
Was wondering how much steel flex it took to do the bottom?

I bought a gallon and ended up using about 3/4 of it. I could have gotten away with less but I really wanted to make sure any suspect rivets were coated with a thick layer of this stuff.

Thanks brewfish just ordered 1/2 gallon on recom. from fasco Im doing 1436 hope that will be enough.
Again boat looks great

I asked for a copy of what that color looks like but now I really love it. I just wonder how white looks. I see you are using that same paint of top coat I was thinking white on the inside. But I do love the all grey. Thanks :mrgreen:

hate to interupt here but did it have any leaks after the remodel? Thinkin about puttin that steel flex on my71 starcraft 18ft.

Latest posts