i need all the help i can get

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassmaster71

Reaction score
i just got my first jon boat and want to fix it up it a 12x36 fishermarine.im looking at the idea of adding a couple of fishing platforms and livewells and rod storeage and a driving consol.any and all help will be very helpful. i have never done anything like this before and dont know where to start i know what i want,but dont know how to start it =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

welcome to the site
That sounds like a lot of extras your adding to a small boat you might be okay with the platforms and a cooler for the live well

Agreed, I would skip the console and either go with a stick steer or a tiller. A cooler livewell would also be ideal and much cheaper. I would also keep the flooring close to the existing floor and not buikt up high for stability reasons. A 12' as nice and portable as it is makes it tough to get any kind of storage in and still be safe.

Nice boat with the FishMaster - I've got a 12x32 FishMaster also.

Here is what I recently finished - Alumacraft 12x36. I've pretty much done all you can do and still make it functional.

I did just redo the front deck though and put in a pole mounted seat unlike what is pictured and it gives me even more room. I'll go take some pics and post them up for you to look at.

:WELCOME:

I'm in agreement with Russo1o.A steering console will take up a lot of room.I'd go with a tiller style out board in the 15 horsepower range.A tiller style outboard has a handle with the throttle on it.There plentiful and cheaper than a remote/console steering type outboard motor.

Waterwings said:
Welcome Aboard! 8)

Concur with the above statements in keep the flooring low, and limiting how much stuff you add or take with you, as they will quickly take up valuable space.

Don't forget about weight penalties also when building.The more options the more weight.

ben2go said:
Waterwings said:
Welcome Aboard! 8)

Concur with the above statements in keep the flooring low, and limiting how much stuff you add or take with you, as they will quickly take up valuable space.

Don't forget about weight penalties also when building.The more options the more weight.

Very good point! 8)