11/14 & 11/16.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWormy

Reaction score
Tried to do a little Smallmouth fishing on a river close to the NC/SC line this past friday. Me and my buddy walked the banks and fished mostly live large minnows and threw a few tubes. We just couldn't get a decent bite going, or they just weren't there. We did manage a couple small ones, but nothing like the usual for this time of year. I guess the cold front and the constant rain added to the slow bite. Here is a blurry image (Sorry for the quality, rain on the lens) from a small fish caught on a live minnow....
IMG_0061.jpg

Then my buddy and I went to the river on Sunday, and the bite was still slow.Started out at 31 degress, then warmed to the low 50's, with 15 to 20 mph winds and gusty. Water clarity was dingy, but not muddy. Fished mostly Jig & Plastic, but always throw a crankbait every now and then when we find bottom irregularities. Ended up with 5 total, with 3 LM on the jigs, and 2 Spots on cranks. Fair day, but a great day all told!

Biggest of the day at 3lb., 12oz...
IMG_0065.jpg

on the firetiger crankbait...
IMG_0062.jpg

last one of the day....
IMG_0066.jpg

Hopefully, the fishing will pick up the next few weeks, as its really past time for the jig bite to happen. Thanks, and good trips to all...

Latest posts