14 foot 1997 Lund Rebel project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DewNut

Reaction score
Warm weather today prompted me to start my project. I replaced my motor a few years back with an evinrude etec. Ever since I have been meaning to relocate the seat pedestal as the tiller handle is longer on the new motor and actually hits the seat. I've been too lazy to tackle removing the floor till now.

This morning I drilled out all the rivets in the floor only to find out that the floor still seems attached! Anyone have any ideas? I tried to pull it up and it feels firmly attached still... I don't want to pry too hard and have it come up on pieces. Could there adhesive under there too or something?

Thanks in advance!!

Can you post some pics of the floor? I have a 96 Laker and when I tried to remove my floor the first time I noticed that the live well and storage box on the sides were installed on top of the floor then riveted to the side of the boat. I decided to do new floor in sections so I could slide them under the boxes, not ideal but it worked. I have since removed boxes and am doing mods to my boat. If it is nothing like that I'm not sure what is holding in your floor. I will be curious to see if your foam under the floor is dry or waterlogged.

I don't have any pictures, I will try and take some next time... I did, however see that the floor goes under the livewell... but, I should still be able to pull up the floor from the back and have it come up off the stringers a little bit, it won't budge!

I assume it's bolted, additionally, there's a hole cut out for the receiver post.

If all else fails, I had planned to just install a new base with toggle bolts and hope for the best...

Latest posts