14 ft. Alumacraft T14V Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Utah, it's 16 ft Smokercraft. It's spmewhere around page 4. Haven't goten much done to it. Bought it last fall, did some stuff to the trailer, took out one of the benches and that's about it. The weather here in Michigan is finally starting to stabilize so we can get started on it again. The only problem I have is that when I want to work on it, my son wants to take our other boat out fishing. Once I get all the wood urethaned, it won't take us long to get it finished. Us being me and my chief engineer. (My 10 yr old!)

Hey Utah! I noticed you mounted that transom mount tm on the bow. I did that to a previous boat I had and to help with control a little bit, I bought a momentary on off switch from BPS. It's a Bigfoot tm switch and they're pretty sweet. You can just bump it to move your boat or you can lock it down for continuous use. I mounted it to a piece of plywood and carpeted it to match the carpeting on the deck. Mounting it to the plywood lets you move it around so it's not in a fixed spot, so you don't trip on it. Would definitely do it again if my Powerdrive V2 takes a $**t!

fishingmich said:
Hey Utah! I noticed you mounted that transom mount tm on the bow. I did that to a previous boat I had and to help with control a little bit, I bought a momentary on off switch from BPS. It's a Bigfoot tm switch and they're pretty sweet. You can just bump it to move your boat or you can lock it down for continuous use. I mounted it to a piece of plywood and carpeted it to match the carpeting on the deck. Mounting it to the plywood lets you move it around so it's not in a fixed spot, so you don't trip on it. Would definitely do it again if my Powerdrive V2 takes a $**t!

That's a good idea. I'm not very familiar with different sorts of switches (or anything electrical for that matter) but it sure sounds convenient. I just might have to look into it. How much does one of these switches cost?

They're less than $20. Just found one on ebay for ya. $14.95 + $3.95 shipping. Just search for "Bigfoot trolling motor switch". They're easy to hook up, they have directions right on the packaging. Only 3 wires. If I can do it, judging by your boat, you can do it. When my MK Powerdrive takes a $**t, I'll replace it with a reversed transom mount on the bow, with the Bigfoot switch.

Very nice... You spared no expense on this puppy...... Like the storage area in the middle for the tackle, great idea...