1436 w/ 6hp ..... What would you add ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

back4more

Reaction score
I just bought a new alumacraft 1436 and I'm looking to throw a few accessories on it. I'm powering it with a 6hp four stroke so I don't want to add too much weight. I've got about $500 to spend.

So far I'm thinking I will add:
fishfinder & small portable battery $125
two rod holders & SS hardware $50
hand operated bilge pump $25
Throw cushions for seat pads $40

So I've got about $250 left to buy EITHER one of the following:
Trolling motor, large battery, circuit breaker, battery box
Or
floor for boat, grab bar, tiller extension

I'm thinking the trolling motor setup would add about 75 pounds, the floor maybe a little less?

What do you guys think? Floor/grab bar, trolling motor/battery, or maybe something else?

I would pass on hand operated bilge pump and get a small electric bilge pump with a manual / auto switch on it.
Peace of mind when you go on a trip and it is raining overnight, also much easier to bail in morning
or when a leak occurs or you get swamped, etc..
Tim

Life jackets
Cargo nets on the sides between the seats to keep stuff off the floor
Running lights
Lights on the front and back of the bench seats so you can see the floor
Small bucket of split-shot to bounce off the hull of the idiot in the giant boat that doesn't see you...or just doesn't care about you(personal experience)
Flare gun...in case he comes back!(also personal experience)
Recessed cup holders

the list goes on :)

any weight you add is going to affect the over all performance with the 6hp. I would go with a tiller extension and grab rail/bar so you can move some weight (yourself) forward when running. I have a small (13' glass boat with a 5hp) and weight distribution is EVERYTHING in this boat. :LOL2:

FF and a 12v deer feeder battery will be ~10#, and a good choice as well.

How much would you use the TM, would the weight be worth it??

Latest posts