1440 Polar Kraft mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazinmoto

Reaction score
I picked up this 1440 Polar Kraft jon with trailer and a 7.5 merc dirt cheap. The boat does not leak thank god but it has to many to count layers of paint that are peeling. The trailer is another story and soon another thread. Soon after finding this site, I have a million plans for the little jon. So I guess we can start with pics as I started to clean it up. Follow those with pics of the first mods. Heck after I got it home I wondered why this boat but I guess we all need a good challenge sometimes right!!! #-o

Attachments

• DSCI0146.jpg
    DSCI0146.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSCI0145.jpg
    DSCI0145.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSCI0144.jpg
    DSCI0144.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSCI0140.jpg
    DSCI0140.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSCI0138.jpg
    DSCI0138.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,508
welcome to the PolarKraft 1440 Club!! I have an 85' model 1440. just click on the link in my sugnature to see my build so far.

dixie_boysles said:
welcome to the PolarKraft 1440 Club

Ditto. I have really enjoyed fixing mine up. I like your open floor plan and the progress you have made so far. The link to my build is below.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13167

Looks really good, about the shape that mine is in that I picked up 2 weeks ago. The layout on the wood that you have is what I have decided to go with, that way it minimizes the amount of paint work I have to do on the bottom of the deck.

Some great resources on the forums!

Well I have some progress to report. The paint has been striped, all 6 layers on the hull. I was using a marine stripper from Lowes and I'm really satisfied with the ease it removed the old paint. Only took a gallon. Steelflex has arrived and will be applied this weekend as the weather looks to be great. All wood is removed and is receiving its epoxy coats this week. Transom is complete and bolted in. Carpet is picked out but need to pick it up at cabelas. I also picked up a trailer that is in better shape than the one it came with so that project will be a bit easier. The holes from removing the seats have been riveted. Pics will come but camera battery was dead!

De Javu! I have the same hull and a very similar layout. So I hafta say I love the layout! :mrgreen: My '77 PK is in my sig line.

Modding can get away from ya and as far as I know there isn't a 12 step program! Glad I could inspire someone, the right way this time :mrgreen: ! Can't wait to see her finished.