14ft Vhull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sogafishin

Reaction score
Ive been reading these great forums for a while now.Havent has to post much because of all the info thta is already here.Just posting a few pics of my project and have couple of questions.What do I need to do about anchor rope cleats?What about adding a small casting deck up front?Trying to keep her as light as possible.The boat is 14ft x 48".What do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSC00344.JPG
    DSC00344.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 562
  • DSC00346.JPG
    DSC00346.JPG
  • DSC00345.JPG
    DSC00345.JPG
I think it is perfect as is. Nice boat!

Maybe put a small level floor in the front to make it easier to stand/lean on but other than that I would leave it as is.

Yeah I wanna leave it like it is just a couple improvements.I have a extra foot contol motor lying around Im debating on installing.A flat front floor would be mandatory then.I just dont know If I want all the weight.Light as a feather now.How do these older tin boats do in salt water?Love to fish small saltwater crreks. great catfishing boat.

countryboy210 said:
Nice Looking Boat Just As She Is ! :D And Your Very Own Self-Serve Gas Pump Right There In The "Boat House", Sweet ! :lol:
I knew someone would point it out.

I think it looks pretty good! With high seats as they are, adding the weight of a deck (and I assume, a standing angler?) might make the boat a bit tippy. Also, the pilot's seat is centered (for balance?) when it should probably be low and offset to the starboard side. Just my two coppers! :wink:

As an aside, I should mention that I think in terms of my own 6'2", 335lb. frame. A guy like me has to keep a low center of gravity in small boats!

Cheers,
Rob

i just screw'd my cleats down w/ drywall screws 2 up front and 2 on the rear. they'll probably need bolts in some time when they loosen up but they're holding tight as can be now

i like your rig nice, simple, and clean

Nice boat man - I agree with others, put a small floor up front just to knock down on noise and make it easier to move around a little.

You wouldn't by chance be in Georgia would ya? Your screen name looks familiar from GON or something

I havent been in the boat with the seats yet but have a few times with just the benches.When I purchased the boat the seats were removed and I just installed them back to where the previous owner had them.I was thinking about putting them lower but Ill try her like this for now.Im a smaller guy 5 10 190 so maybe we wont get wet.LOL.The motor is a 1968 20hp Johnson.GPSd her at 25mph with just me and gear.Looking for a 9x10 prop have a 9x9 now.Yep Im in extreme South Georgia with all the snakes skeeters and gators.Im on the GON forums every day also.

your boat looks alot like mine, im still deciding what to do to mine as well, anyway im in jesup right on the altamaha :)