15 hp mariner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clumzy_31

Reaction score
Just have a question...whats is the height that my motor supposed to be on my boat. i have a 1436 alumacraft with a 15 hp mariner and i want to see what if i can improve my speed! i am thinking about getting a mini jackplate for it or making one for the motor because i think the motor/shaft is sitting to low under the boat. any ideas?

IMO the speed you will gain isn't enough to justify the cost/time it will take you to do the project. I had a 12 foot aluminum some time ago and the motor sat 2" below the bottom of the hull. It did create some drag and turned on a dime so I made an aluminum transom riser deal and installed it 2 day project and I gained maybe 2 MHP......unnoticable in the seat of your pants only could tell on a GPS. The only real advantage came with much smother steering. s

The anti-cavitation plate should be even with the bottom of the hull to a little above. How low is yours?

Latest posts