1968 14ft Richline semi v...starting the rebuild on pg 4

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
again no pics yet, but today i started building the rear deck. only got to work for a couple hrs though. pond was calling my name.

here is the rear deck in raw form. have another storage hacht to cut out and then carpet.

Attachments

• back deck.jpg
    back deck.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,625
  • back deck open hatch.jpg
    back deck open hatch.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 2,625
  • rear deck 2.jpg
    rear deck 2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,625
  • rear hatch.jpg
    rear hatch.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,625
Well it has been a while since I have done anything to my boat except use it. I finally got around to taking some updated pics of it. The rear deck is complete and I added a foot controled tm and my cheap(free) fishfinder. Money and time prevented me from finishing the paint job and rebuilding the trailer. Hopefully I will be able to do those things in the near future.

Attachments

• boat 028-a.jpg
    boat 028-a.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,590
  • boat 029-a.jpg
    boat 029-a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,590
  • boat 030-a.jpg
    boat 030-a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,590
  • boat 031-a.jpg
    boat 031-a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,590
Had a litte free time today so I piddled around in the garage a bit. My boat already had a bilge pump in it but the hose just hung over the side. So today i mounted it thru the hull. Also,correct me if I'm wrong, I read that if a boat wont get on plane then top speed is only gonna be about 5 mph. So I mounted my old tm on the transom and will probably have an electric boat cause the 9.9 wont get it on plane. Plus my wife doesnt care to run either motor, so this will keep us from having to swap places all the time.

Attachments

• boat 035-a.jpg
    boat 035-a.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2,584
  • boat 032-a.jpg
    boat 032-a.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,584
  • boat 034-a.jpg
    boat 034-a.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,584
  • boat 033-a.jpg
    boat 033-a.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2,584
what kind of screws did you use like for the floorin to screw through the aluminum seat into the 2x4, also what length?thanks!

I have a question. I noticed in the first picture that the front legs of your support structure appear to be right against the floor of the boat instead of on a rib. Any concern with getting bulges in the hull from weight at those points? If everyone thinks it's ok, it will ease the planning for my boat. TIA

Decatur said:
I have a question. I noticed in the first picture that the front legs of your support structure appear to be right against the floor of the boat instead of on a rib. Any concern with getting bulges in the hull from weight at those points? If everyone thinks it's ok, it will ease the planning for my boat. TIA

Honestly. I never thought of that but I haven't noticed any bulging. I will take a good look but I don't think there will be an issue.

CountryRoad said:
looks great! I really like that two tone paint job

Thanks. I plan on putting in rod storage along each side sometime this year& redo the rear deck. I also want to build a livewell out of the rear bench. The paint job isn't finished yet. I planned on painting the whole boat blue with a gray stripe down the sides. Thanks again. My wife & I have really enjoyed using it.

stew6371 said:
CountryRoad said:
looks great! I really like that two tone paint job

Thanks. I plan on putting in rod storage along each side sometime this year& redo the rear deck. I also want to build a livewell out of the rear bench. The paint job isn't finished yet. I planned on painting the whole boat blue with a gray stripe down the sides. Thanks again. My wife & I have really enjoyed using it.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong with the 9.9hp?

If the 9.9 doesn't get you up on a plane try a hydrofoil. It makes a big difference...not sure what speed it would get but I am sure even without getting up its gonna be faster than the trolling motor. But if the trolling motor gets you going and your happy ...then who cares how fast you go.

Sorry guys. I haven't been on much lately & I don't think to check this thread. I think the only thing keeping the 9.9 from performing great is the fact that it is a long shaft engine on a short transom.

I have thought about a hydrofoil but haven't tried it. The boat runs 13 mph with 2 people in it with the 9.9. Never checked it with the 2 trolling motors, but it isn't that fast. I'm going to make it all electric for now for the club I'm starting.

Your boat is looking good. I see you put a pedestal seat on the back deck, your wife must have decided that she likes being higher up.

Thanks Fish Fighter. It didn't take her long to realize it's not that high.

Well it's time to redo the little boat. It's sat for the past year or so because I bought a glass boat to fish from. I recently sold the glass boat & I'm going back to using the little tin boat.

I'm starting with the trailer. It's a tilt trailer that a previous owner had modified some & it wasn't in the best shape when I got it. I plan to use the long tongue & build a new back section for the trailer. I got a good deal on some 16 gauge 2x3 rectangle steel tubing, so that's what I'll be using for the trailer.

Here's a few pics of the teardown of the old trailer.

Attachments

• 20170305_131855.jpg
    20170305_131855.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,514
  • 20170305_131912.jpg
    20170305_131912.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,514
  • 20170305_162330.jpg
    20170305_162330.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1,514
akboats said:
Nice boat cant wait to get me one and do some mods to.

Thanks. It served us well for 5 years or so. I'm in the process of completing redoing it.