197? fisher marine

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markt

Reaction score
I don't know much about these boats but this one was given to me. It has a 25 h.p. johnson and is 16 1/2 feet long, as you can see i have stripped the inside of everything and am in the idea process now. I am married so she has me on a very tight budget. I am looking for the least expensive solutions to decking and have heard alot about home advantage. When I tore the original foam floor my boat lost about 125 lbs. The foam had acted as a sponge! what do ya'll think?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 834
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 834
The cheapest way would be to use exterior grade non pressure treated wood to rebuild decks and floors. Just make sure you use a good sealant on the wood and it should last you a good number of years. I used wood on my first conversion and after two years the only deterioration to speak of was the fading of the carpet. For a replacement to the floatation foam a good idea I have heard of is the pool noodles you can get at walmart or even a dollar store. You could cut them to size and weight and one length floats my 220lb carcase just fine lol.

I have a very similar boat in very similar condition at the moment lol. I have a brother who works for a metal shop who is going to finish mine.

In my quest to finish my boat, aluminum is not that much more money, I spent 100 bux on wood and sealer for my last boat, and just priced out alum at 155.00 that would have did the exact same thing. I live pretty close, if you need anything let me know.

Latest posts