1970's Duracraft flat bottom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aj16

Reaction score
I've been a member of this site for a little while now and decided that it was finally time to log some of the things that I have done to my boat as well as get some new ideas.

At around age 15, my granddad gave me this boat along with the original trailer and an early 2000's mercury 2-stroke 5hp for free since it sat around in the backyard collecting leaves, water, and snakes. At this point it was a light green color (if you know duracraft, you know the color) with no lights and no extra frills. I picked up a couple of canvas camo seats on sale at Bass Pro and rewired all of the lights as well as putting in two posts to clamp my rear mount trolling motor wires to in order to provide power. My battery sat in a battery box in front of the front seat because the motor had trouble planing with all the weight in the rear of the boat.

A few years down the road, my granddad picked up a very lightly used late 2000's model Yamaha 2-stroke 15hp. With the new motor on the back, the boat got from A to B much quicker.

Not much later, I traded a jet ski (hull only, motor literally melted a piston) to my girlfriend's brother for the camo paint that is on the boat now. I repainted the trailer to the black that is on it now and ran new lights and wires.

Most recently I installed a Marpac 3 gang switch panel in the box directly under where the driver sits. I am currently still wiring the lights and battery to it, but haven't gotten much work done since school has started back up. Over the winter I plan to finish the wiring and possible add a pair of forward facing lights for night time driving, as well as add side boards on the trailer to help launching the boat in the current at the river. Also, I may purchase a stainless steel prop in the near future since the sand and gravel on the river tends to chew up aluminum props.

boat1.jpgboat2.jpgboat3.jpgboat4.jpgphoto.JPG

I use this boat for just about everything, from riding around the rivers/lakes in the area to fishing to bowfishing. I'll try to keep the thread updated, and feel free to suggest ideas!

Nice job!
Sometimes it helps to angle the trailer slightly down river when it comes to current. The side boards on a trailer are a definite plus.