1974 Klamath Semi V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty

Reaction score
Just like the title says I have a 1974 Klamath Semi V that I am currently in the process of restoring. My grandpa passed this boat on to me when he passed and it has sat for years and I am finnaly getting around to actually doing something with it. I plan to do a front casting deck with the last 16±" being anchor/life jacket storage with storage for batteries in the deck as well. the back will be decked as well. so here goes.

Before
photo 1.JPG

A day, a couple beers, and a flapper wheel
2013-07-21 20.57.57.jpg

Primed with self etching primer, and one coat of blue metallic
2013-07-25 22.28.49.jpg

Front bracing in
20130729_101936.jpeg

So thats as far as I have gotten as of now more pictures and questions as I go further. Thanks for having this site it is full of very usefull info on many aspects of boating.
-Frosty

I like your frame design, should be really strong. What size of boat is this? Keep the pics comin'!

It's a 12' sorry I meant to say that but slipped my mind. Thanks by the way any comments and or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am no carpenter and do not claim to be one.

Looks nice, man. I like the bracing for the casting deck, that might come in handy for mine. Thanks for posting!!!!

Thanks guys, the casting deck bracing should be sturdy there will be some more lengthwise bracing to add stability to the decking itself. I cut out the plywood last night for the deck and let me tell you it was quite the process even with a template alot of fitting, a little cutting fit some more and cut a little more I think I will sand the edges tonight to get it fine tuned tonight and so it will allow the room needed for the carpeting. I do have a question tho... I know it probably be in the engine section but I have an old evinrude that uses pressure from the exhaust? and can not find a gas tank and gas line for it anywhere :shock: is there anywhere I can just buy the fittings and convert a tank to work?

Latest posts