1974 Sears 14ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LnROutdoors

Reaction score
I picked up this boat, trailer, and a Nissan 9.9hp motor this weekend for 600$. Don't need to go fast, just want to be able to get where I'm going. A lot of lakes I fish aren't crazy big in size so I don't need lots of power. Any advice on starting decking? I work in a sheet metal shop so I can get anything. Trying to find the total capacity for the boy but don't know where to look as this is my first boat. My best friend and I fish together and that will be the extent of people on the boat at once except the occasional trip the girlfriend tags along. Any tips are helpful.
aaaea71d326b94ddefb76553b51fc78d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best thing to do is look up comparable boats of relative sizes. The next thing i'd do is re-carpet your bunker-boards and get everything rusty off!

nickwb85 said:
best thing to do is look up comparable boats of relative sizes. The next thing i'd do is re-carpet your bunker-boards and get everything rusty off!

Sandblasting the whole trailer and doing less abrasive media on the boat. Painting both also.

May end up just building it for waterfowl hunting. Not sure yet.

Latest posts