1975 sears 14 ft noob

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryno57

Reaction score
hey everyone here is what i got to sart with it is a 14 ft flat sears jon came with a 28lbs trust minn kota tm and a johnson 9.5 not running. as soon as i got the boat home pulled the carb and cleaned it really good put it back on gave it some fresh fuel and put it in the test barrle and got it to fire right up even though it had not been running for two years according to the guy i got it from so now for what i am wanting to do first ? form a noob is how can i patch a few small holes in the bottom of my boat they have silicone in them now and is not leaking but does not seem like it will hold up long second ? is there any way to up weight capacity of this boat but back to what i am wanting to do to the boat i want to put a casting and trolling deck up front remove the center bench with out loseing structure, some dry storage and lastly a floor in it to quite it up any and all advice or comments are wanted oh and I got this boat and trailer with both tm and out board for a trade i traded a 15 ft colman coane that i had got for free so I think it was a good trade

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,443
first of nice score should be lot of fun. If the holes are small u can use some jb weld on them. the other thing you can do is weld them up. i used a TIG welder on mine but if i did not have access to a welder i would have used TB-weld. the other thing i would recommend is using gluevit (SP) on the inside it will help seal up all the seams and rivets. one thing to consider is stability i would take your boat out and stand up on the bench and see how stable it is. this will give you a good idea about how high you want to make the deck and so forth .

you can find it on iboats.com here https://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Accessories/dm/cart_id.447932903--keywords.gluvit--searched.1--session_id.937450372--submit.Search--submit%2Ex.0--submit%2Ey.0 stuff works really well but can be a pain to work with if you use it u must paint over the top as it has no uv protection but will seal up every thing well

you can find it on iboats.com here https://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Accessories/dm/cart_id.447932903--keywords.gluvit--searched.1--session_id.937450372--submit.Search--submit%2Ex.0--submit%2Ey.0 stuff works really well but can be a pain to work with if you use it u must paint over the top as it has no uv protection but will seal up every thing well

thanks for th advise on the gluvit i will have to get some ordered will it mess up the caulk in the seems of the boat or should i remove the caulk before useing it ?

you want to make sure to clean up the mettle and with a wire weal or something and get it as clean as possible. post some pic of what your talking about and of the inside. it wouldn't mess up the cock but if its in bad shape you might want to remove it then replace it after you put the gluevit down.

you want to make sure to clean up the mettle and with a wire weal or something and get it as clean as possible. post some pic of what your talking about and of the inside. it wouldn't mess up the cock but if its in bad shape you might want to remove it then replace it after you put the gluevit down.

well since i posted last i got the boat out on the water which turned into a rough day and learned alot first off when your not sure how your boat is going to run head up wind lol got about a half mile down wind and the boat died never started again thank you trolling motor gods saved my butt from rowing all the way back in got the boat home and found out that the float in the carb is no good so i am just waiting on funds to order parts so that is where i am at now but still here and still trying to get it going in the right direction

Latest posts