1976 16' Mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TFBJR

Reaction score
Rivet question, I need to find 1/4" aluminum closed end blind rivets to replace loosened rivets where the rollers beat up those rivets, because that's the rib the boat rested on all these years. I hope that rivet description is correct. I can find S/S rivets.
I put a floor in using 1/8"x2" aluminum angle. After removal of most of the center bench, I left part where steering console is which I connected to the floor. Some pictures to follow when I figure out how to do it. Every picture says 'file to large' Any suggestions ?

The best time to address the loose rivets was when everything was wide open. Yeah, I know. That isn't helpful now.

I think you will find what you are looking for at "rivetsonline.com" (thanks to @DaleH for previously sharing this source).

I like that carriage style seat in front of the helm! Nice idea.

A boat for a 70 yr old me. Son has 27' Pro Line I'm not allowed on for some reason. Oh well, as the sayin goes "don't let the bas@$ards get you down".
I replaced the transom, added the floor so I have a steady something to stand on.
This boat scoots with the 40hp and should scoot and troll just fine with the 30hp. No leaks except for the one rivet loosened by the roller pressure. I used a s/s bolt and rubber washer with sealer for temporary fix until I find 1/4" rivets to replace the 8 rivets affected by the wear the rollers have done over the years. I have had this boat 2 years. I'm thinking about a short windshield but need some advice about where to locate a used one. I have a transom mount 45 lb. thrust Minkota Endura but I will get a remote control bow mount over the winter. Any suggestions for a good buy ? Ted

The best time to address the loose rivets was when everything was wide open. Yeah, I know. That isn't helpful now.

I think you will find what you are looking for at "rivetsonline.com" (thanks to @DaleH for previously sharing this source).

I like that carriage style seat in front of the helm! Nice idea.
I'll sit there using the min kota foot control.

Latest posts