'83 Sea Nymph SC-170 Full Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That Suki is an 85, nice power option. You do nice work, I always admire people that could work with their hands.
Thank you for the complement!

It's not bad for a sloppy 41yr old two-stroke of unknown running hours. I would rebuild the powerhead if pistons, rings, and bearings were available but parts availibility sucks for these old Suzukis. When it craps the bed in an unrepairable fashion, hopefully a long time down the road, I'll start looking for something in the 100-125hp range that has good parts availability.

Very nice !! You are fortunate to have skilled help availiable....my boat is similar to yours in size and layout. I found my bimini top to be to tall and act as a wind sail when underway. We are shorter folks at 5'6" so I lowered my top to just clear our heads when standing at the helm. Made a big difference on windy days....just some food for thought......enjoy seeing your pics, feel free to post more !
Thank you, and yes we are fortunate to have the company of skilled family, tools, and a shop to work in.

I havent noticed any issues with the top catching air on windy days yet but we also use anchor mode on the trolling motor a lot. We run wide open with the top up with no loss in MPH either so maybe I just have it set at a good angle. How tall was your top before you lowered it? Mine is 54" and at 6'2" the top is just high enough to clear my head while sitting in the casting seat on the back deck. Kind of a pain fishing with it up but I burn like a mofo in the sun.

Last edited:
Thank you, and yes we are fortunate to have the company of skilled family, tools, and a shop to work in.

We havent noticed any issues with the top catching air on windy days yet but we also use anchor mode on the trolling motor a lot. We run wide open with the top up with no loss in MPH either so maybe I just have it set at a good angle. How tall was your top before you lowered it? Mine is 54" and at 6'2" the top is just high enough to clear my head while sitting in the casting seat on the back deck. Kind of a pain fishing with it up but I burn like a mofo in the sun.
Mounted my top on sliding rails so I can slide it forward or rearward for fishing. I hear ya on the sun, had sun poisoning on a couple occasions so long sleeves and a hat on brite sunny days ! Run my boat at wot with the top up as well. Originally my top was a 54 or 52" tall, I cut 6" off the center leg, even looks better setting lower, but then we are shorter people !

Mounted my top on sliding rails so I can slide it forward or rearward for fishing. I hear ya on the sun, had sun poisoning on a couple occasions so long sleeves and a hat on brite sunny days ! Run my boat at wot with the top up as well. Originally my top was a 54 or 52" tall, I cut 6" off the center leg, even looks better setting lower, but then we are shorter people !
I did the rails too but more so to adjust where it lands when laid down with the rear supports unpinned. I have the solid rear supports too so adjusting it on the tracks just changes the attack angle of the front of the top. I wish I could get away with shortening it, it would look less goofy, but I'd bust my head for sure 😅

Latest posts