1976 16' Mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, depending on your boat, I typically like to use longer bunks and have THREE brackets per bunk. Or, I will add a second pair of bunks close together in the center to catch the keel of the boat.

Bunks are kind of fun to play with. I love it when a trailer really fits a boat like a glove. Makes loading SO much easier, and protects the boat.

Even if you just slap two bunks in, it should give better support than the rollers, with weight spread out more evenly under the hull.

This is an easy kit to swap to bunks. It's pretty easy to do:
https://www.amazon.com/Racewill-Boat-Trailer-Bunk-Brackets/dp/B0CT5L9MKF

Sometimes, you can attach the bunks to the roller supports, but I can't see your system. Swapping to the above kit is inexpensive and works well. When you put 2x4 or 2x6 bunks on top, make sure you GLUE and staple the carpet to the bunks for it to really last long-term. If you don't glue, the carpet may tear if snagged on something.
Okay. I'm getting motivated now. Looks easy enough. The roller sets on the trailer are the type that swivel down. Had trouble loading so I pinned them to stay straight in place. Seemed to help with loading. If I use the roller brackets somehow, is it necessary or beneficial for the bunks to tilt down ?