1978 Eldocraft V C project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillespiej03

Reaction score
How's it going everyone. I have been browsing this site and asking some questions here and there for a month or so. I got my first boat about a week ago and have began the process of converting it. It is a 1978 Eldocraft V. I plan on adding a bow and aft casting deck and at some point throwing a 20 hp on there. I have already tore everything out of the inside and will begin the process of stripping and painting it in the next day or so. Here are some pics

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

Looks like you've gotten a great start. That's was a good looking boat and I'm sure when you're done, it'll exceed it's former glory.

Thanks for the praise and encouragement guys! I finished the painting today, but didn't get a chance to snap any pics. I will get some up this weekend. Does anyone have any tips on how to construct the deck using aluminum angle iron and rivets? My confusion is mainly with holding the pieces together for drilling.