1978 Sea Nymph Fishing Machine-16 foot-Video in post#27

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on sheeting the rear area. I used 3/4 plywood where people will be walking and 1/2 plywood under the rear deck. The 1/2 holds the floatation down and gives me a bottom to my storage.

Very glad I used 3/4! It doesn't flex at all. The 1/2 feels a bit "soggy" near the sides where there is no support. I wouldn't like to be standing on it for a day fishing. My braces are 12 inches apart. If you aren't over 200, it should be fine.

Guess I'll just have a heavy boat now :roll:

Got most of the plywood sheeting done and the prior thru-hull patched too.

Now to do the final leak test - patch any hole. I saw that someone used normal rivets on some parts rather than closed end. I can't even see why they used them.

Can't wait for the carpet to arrive - hopefully early next week!

Attachments

• 2010-05-09-boat sheeted.jpg
    2010-05-09-boat sheeted.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1,098
heck im 260# (give or take 20#) and mine doesnt budge. AND im on a 26" span.dont you just love this site? i wish i could quit my job and rebuild these things for a living. it is great therapy. the old boat is looking good. keep up the good work.

Tip - After doing all the work on your mod, don't try to start the engine without the saftey kill switch on it. It will frustrate you to no end and will never, ever start until you remember to put safety back on it.

:oops:

Mostly final pictures will be uploaded by the end of the weekend. This boat looks NICE now - even the babes in the neighborhood complimented me on her!

I know I've been slacking in pictures of the build, but that's because I need the boat done for a tournament on Thursday. Spend all week and all weekend working (yes it was work) on the beast. My father in law got bored so he came over and helped Saturday and today. Without his help and knowledge, I'd still be in the garage working on her.

Still to do:
Plumb livewell (this is all that has to be done by tourney time)
paint livewell cover
paint console wood
paint rear deck hatches
build and carpet rear cover by engine

We fished out of her for about 45 minutes today and I couldn't be happier with how she is turning out, watch these videos to see for yourself.

[youtube]BMlLIZYpM9M[/youtube]

[youtube]uU0Cg73Z0vs[/youtube]

I'm calling her done...

A new steering wheel, and painted livewell hatch, console front, ram mount for the finder were all the additions I did this year. I will be moving the rod holders from the rear to the front for crappie (spider rigging). The back is just going to stay open, that way I feel more comfortable with the fuel tank back there that it vents well. She is set up for dual trolling batteries, either 12 volts (or 24 volt for future upgrades) - but I'm just using one battery for the troller now. There is tons of storage in the front hatches, and the 4 back hatches are fairly waterproof (3 days of fishing in the rain and they stayed dry) and can hold a normal 3 tray tackle box and some of the plano boxes. I keep the canned goods -fuel mix, bug spray, sun screen, starting fluid, horn, tools, etc in these along with the rain gear and a number of tackle boxes. The cooler is great for drinks or fish, but not both at the same time :)

Anyway, I like it, she fishes well and can easily float in 5 inches of water (for easy lure retrieval). My dream machine :D :D :D

Attachments

• 241199_1761569527464_4522676_o.jpg
    241199_1761569527464_4522676_o.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 1,058
looks like we are about at the same pace on our projects. i will be done here as soon as i get plates on the trailer. congrats. hope you had as much fun as i did with mine