1981 14r sea nymph... here I go again (update 4-28-12)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put some more to the ole' tin boat over the week. I added the rod holder planks and anchor light plus added carpet to the back bench seat. Here's a video of me fishing in it Friday, you can get a good idea of the layout. https://youtu.be/mj0H4T3lDMs

Jim

**** Jimmy!!! Now you have me watching your vids :shock: and that water looks great wish i had that kinda pike fishing around here!!! The boat looks great well the big question is are you addicted to the 14r's? they get in your blood :LOL2: Had to take the the big15hp merc in to the shop there was no top end. They went through the whole thing and said nothing was wrong and as they were putting it back on the boat doug the owner of anglers marine said let's look at your fuel line. Well he snipped it off and the inside was peeling off and closing the fuel supply off. Simple fix and tomorrow i will test it in the river and see [-o<

bigrog61 said:
**** Jimmy!!! Now you have me watching your vids :shock: and that water looks great wish i had that kinda pike fishing around here!!! The boat looks great well the big question is are you addicted to the 14r's? they get in your blood :LOL2: Had to take the the big15hp merc in to the shop there was no top end. They went through the whole thing and said nothing was wrong and as they were putting it back on the boat doug the owner of anglers marine said let's look at your fuel line. Well he snipped it off and the inside was peeling off and closing the fuel supply off. Simple fix and tomorrow i will test it in the river and see [-o<

It's the DAM ethanol. Make sure you up grade your fuel line to ethanol grade rubber. It has the blue writing on it. If it had red or orange writing on them they wont last.

Love this mod, looks great! Wish my alumacraft had that tall of sides, but it would be hard to give up mine for anything.

Your mod looks awesome though man. Great work!

Dman23 said:
Love this mod, looks great! Wish my alumacraft had that tall of sides, but it would be hard to give up mine for anything.

Your mod looks awesome though man. Great work!

The higher sides are nice, but I miss my Alumacraft it was a great ride. Thanks Dman.

Love the layout, really simple and clean. Can I ask a question though? Why did you put the rails on the sides with wood? For support or do you plan on putting a hatch in there for holding rods? Nice job thus far... =D>

Mostly for support it is a 1 x 6 bolted into the front and back seat and tied into the middle seat angle brackets. I also like it for laying stuff on, plus makes a nice platform to measure the fish. You can drop rod holders through as well but my last boat it didn't work as well to me. Also its a step getting into the boat at the dock.

Jim

This is a great modification, nicely executed. I'll use this as inspiration for my own 14r mod however I think I'll increase the bow platform length a bit for cast netting. And I like your side support idea -- I'll use that to run some planers aft. You've done a terrific job and I really appreciate you sharing photos.

Latest posts