198something mariner 30

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentriverguy

Reaction score
Just bought a 198something mariner (the Yamaha one) and the throttle turns the wrong way? The handle is on the same side as all my other tiller motors but the throttle turns clockwise instead of counter clockwise. Help :cry: !?

Just a guess since I can't see it, but I suspect the cables are reversed on one end or the other. You'll probably have to swap places with them on one end to resolve the problem.

Thanks ill try it tomorrow. I downloaded the manual so I'll see if I can fix it. Probably the cables thanks.

JMichael said:
Just a guess since I can't see it, but I suspect the cables are reversed on one end or the other. You'll probably have to swap places with them on one end to resolve the problem.
the cables were switched and do you know if the water pump pumps out of the exhaust? Theres no hole where there usually is. Thx

Just going by my experiences with my brother and a friend owning 25hp motors of the same general age, but I'm pretty sure it does pump the water out using thru hub exhaust. But the 25 did have the normal tell tale hole but I can't be sure the 30 does.

Latest posts