1992 Spectrum BlueFin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsaints1115

Reaction score
I purchased this boat last summer and as it was my first boat I ran it till December as is to get an idea of what I wanted to change.

jhlhb.png

One of the things that had to change was how the front deck ended just behind the front seat making for quite a drop for someone in the seat.

027.jpg

The center storage up front was large but the small hatch made it all but useless. And the carpet HAD TO GO!

Thank God for a Porter Cable oscilating tool with a scraper attachment. I couldn't conceive of doing the carpet stripping by hand. Out with the carpet and after lots of thought in with the Nautolex.

0072.jpg

With a new front deck panel fabbed and covered it is obvious how much room was underneath. Now to fab a deck extension/storage area.

0112.jpg

Aluminum tube and angle and aluminum sheet and double wrap hinges and the storage area was roughed out.

0043.jpg

0063.jpg

Lots of storage now.

0152.jpg

0142.jpg

New center storage/deck panel fabbed.

0074.jpg

With it's gas struts it will lift and hold even when the seats in.

0035.jpg

In the rear the one large deck panel was refabbed into a three piece rear deck for ease of maintenance. Also an aluminum hatch was made to cover the battery storage compartment.

The on board charger mounts underneath.

0066.jpg

The new storage area meant the existing steering console needed to be re-dimensioned to keep the steering wheel in the right place.

021.jpg

After kicking around several shapes we decided on this.

0034.jpg

Covered in black and blue Nautolex it has a removable top for maintenance.

0016.jpg

The bow panel was covered in black Nautolex.

0262.jpg

The rest of the bow deck is covered and parts are being mounted.

0272.jpg

The bow FF is mounted on a track to allow it to slide from side to side depending on which side is being fished. No more kinked neck as the FF is always in front of you.

0144.jpg

It's transducer and GPS puck is bow mounted on a Podunkideas.com da'ducer mount.

0164.jpg

Since my father passed I just dont have the motivation to take the boat out. It's now for sale.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201584062048?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

steadyt said:
That Nautolex looks nice and tight. Is it easy to work with? Still holding up nicely?

It does but you have to use the right glue. The ONLY stuff I've found is the DAP HHR (high heat resistant) glue intended for landau car roofs.

Condolences to you and yours on the death of your father. That is one fine redo.