1997 Landau 1648 Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of the only reasons i bought my 1648 was to go after some blues up near richmond. but you know how it is when your new to an area you dont know where to start with so much water. i fish alot in williamsburg 4-6 lbs bass are pretty easy to catch in two of the lakes around here. i bit a big chunk off with my 12 footer but the satisfaction of completing it is all worth it.

Yup, I've been going after the blues cats pretty often since I bought this boat and I still dont know the all the hot spots. People here are friendly but just like everywhere else nobody wants to tell you where they catch their fish. Softshell crab, cut shad and eels are the best bait on the james.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=322582#p322582 said:
meonline06 » Today, 17:39[/url]"]Yup, I've been going after the blues cats pretty often since I bought this boat and I still dont know the all the hot spots. People here are friendly but just like everywhere else nobody wants to tell you where they catch their fish. Softshell crab, cut shad and eels are the best bait on the james.[/

I know excactly what your talking about. everyone i ask says just go take a chartered trip. I have had one guy tell me a good spot but i have yet to try it. if im ever plan a trip up that way i guess i can try some spots.

I finally bought a new tow vehicle so hopefully I can get out on the water a little more often now. I had been fishing from the shore and docks for the last few months. I've taken the boat out occassionally with a friend's truck, but now I can really get back at it.

I should be able to plumb the livewell soon and get it wired up. Also I am in serious need of a new fishfinder. Ill take care of that as my budget rebounds. The only thing I have accomplished in the last few weeks is mounting rod holders to my console.

1384215527191.jpg

I will hopefully have more progress soon.

I've been doing a lot of fishing on the boat lately and not spending much time working on it. I did however manage to install a few more rod holders for catfishing. After getting caught in a rain storm last week (local weathermen suck), I realized the need for dry storage. Rain water that collected in the bilge area soaked everything I had in storage. I may try using some tupperware bins for that.

Here is a picture before I took her out on Lake Chesdin Sunday morning.
1384215775915.jpg

I worked on the boat some a few days ago and finally covered the ribs near the console. Nothing major, but it does make a difference aesthetically. Here is a before shot.
1384215978844.jpg
I cut out a few pieces of plywood, sealed them with spar urethane, covered with carpet and done.
1384215995355.jpg
1384216008885.jpg
Progress will be slow for the next couple months, but more to come when the fishing slows down.

It has been quite a while since I last posted on here. I did a lot of fishing over the last few months and I have enjoyed this boat. I sold it last week to a guy who I think will get as much use out of it as I did. I already started looking for a new project. I want to get a large fiberglass boat, but of course still need to have a tin boat as well. I'm going to either buy another 16' or maybe a smaller 14'.

I also went back and fixed some of the images that weren't working. For some reason I think posting images from my cell phone was incompatible with the full website.

I was cleaning out my SD card today and came across these pictures of the old Landau. Thought I would post them to show the finished project.

Landau1.jpg
Landau2.jpg
Landau3.jpg
Landau4.jpg
Landau5.jpg