1999 Johnson 2 hp engine

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITGuy

Reaction score
Hello there all. I found a 1999 Johnson 2 hp engine that has been used only twice for a short time. I picked it up for $100. Did I get a good deal? It looks great. A couple scuffs but looks great. Will post pics tomorrow. Starts right up and seems to run great. I am hoping to use this for this summer for lakes with restrictions. And then just as a kicker when I buy a larger motor with steering next year. I have a 20" transom and need to either fabricate something to mount it or buy a mount so I can use it. What do you guys think on mounting this bad boy? I know I am not gonna break any speed records but do you think it will push my 16' semi-v Mirrocraft around? I will mostly bee tooling around in small ponds or lakes where not much power is needed. If it works out I will be getting rid of my old 1963 Johnson 10 hp.

Let me know what you guys think.

ITGuy said:
Hello there all. I found a 1999 Johnson 2 hp engine that has been used only twice for a short time. I picked it up for $100. Did I get a good deal? It looks great. A couple scuffs but looks great. Will post pics tomorrow. Starts right up and seems to run great. I am hoping to use this for this summer for lakes with restrictions. And then just as a kicker when I buy a larger motor with steering next year. I have a 20" transom and need to either fabricate something to mount it or buy a mount so I can use it. What do you guys think on mounting this bad boy? I know I am not gonna break any speed records but do you think it will push my 16' semi-v Mirrocraft around? I will mostly bee tooling around in small ponds or lakes where not much power is needed. If it works out I will be getting rid of my old 1963 Johnson 10 hp.

Let me know what you guys think.

Nice looking motor!! Yes for a $100 you got a good deal! Just make sure your impeller/water pump is functioning. You will see water or mist of water along with some exhaust coming out of the lower portion of the midsection. I'd keep that 10hp johnson and maintain her as a backup if the need should arise. It's paid for and little maintenance and up keep. Just run it once in a while.

Here is link for a break down of your motor and parts if you should need for up keep. https://www.boats.net/parts/search/BRP/JOHNSON/1999/J2REEC%201999/parts.html

Cool find dude!!!

cajuncook1