2002 Lowe 1467t Mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe I used 1/2 inch but I have good stringer support underneath. I wish I had taken pics of the framing before I covered and finished it as it is going to be hard to explain what I did. Basically I mounted a ledger board on the front side of the front bench that the 1/2 ply rested on and was flush with the top of the bench seat (I couldn't go over the bench with just one piece of plywood). Then I made a bracket that mounted to the front U bolt that the boat is pulled onto the trailer with. I also put in up rights underneath as support. It took me some time to figure it all out and without being able to show pics it would be impossible to explain. If my boat wasn't in storage I would try and put the camera underneath inside the battery box and snap some pics for you. When I go get it in the spring I will take pics if you want

Johny:
Thanks for the follow up. I am definitely going to build that deck. When you get a chance I would like to see some pix of what you did for the supports underneath. I was thinking of using that front bracket as well. Lat me know any other pointers you can think of.

The front bracket is solid and probably your best bet unless you want to make more hole in the side of your hull.......which I did not want to do. When I get mine out of storage I will try and get you some pics......we just got another 8" of snow so spring isn't coming soon I think :(

Latest posts