2007 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Contest

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pic1100.jpg

uwpumpkin.jpg

since Im not allowd to play with sharp objects :wink: Im looken forward to seeing all the entrants, keepum comen

Id participate but im even afraid to use one of them apple corer/slicer things for fear of lopping off a finger. Give me a butcher knife and a slippery pumpkin to carve greatly improves my chances of inflicting a major injury...... maybe ill just paint one

BassAddict1976 said:
Id participate but im even afraid to use one of them apple corer/slicer things for fear of lopping off a finger. Give me a butcher knife and a slippery pumpkin to carve greatly improves my chances of inflicting a major injury...... maybe ill just paint one

Those pumpkin carving kits for that they sell at Walmart for $3 couldnt pierce aluminum foil. Thats what I used LOL!

I did one last night, then saw the news about this contest. I'll be submitting my entry later. Those pumpkin carving kits are good for fine detail work. They are also a recipe for carpul tunnel (sp?).

Here it is. In case you guys aren't DeadHeads, it is the picture from the Grateful Dead Steal Your Face Album (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steal_Your_Face). The skull symbol is probably the best known Grateful Dead symbol on stickers, flags, tattoos, T-shirts, pins, jack-o-lanterns...
My tribute to the best music ever created:

Attachments

• o1A8.jpg
    o1A8.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2,097
  • o1B5.jpg
    o1B5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,095
  • o1AA.jpg
    o1AA.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,096
Here is my first Entry - I have a better one on the way!

pumpkin1_003.jpg

pumpkin1_007.jpg

Bring on the Mensa kinds - I have one more after this - will be up All Hallows Eve

pumpkin1_011.jpg

pumpkin1_014.jpg

pumpkin1_015.jpg

Hey Jim, since this is your kids that are going to be judging which one appeals to them most, might be interested in telling me what they're into these days? :wink:

SMDave said:
Hey Jim, since this is your kids that are going to be judging which one appeals to them most, might be interested in telling me what they're into these days? :wink:

Very good my young Jedi....VERY GOOD! I see your catching on.

My son who is 6 years old is into Abstract Expressionism (Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning) And Post-Impressionism (Paul Cezanne, Henri Rousseau)

My Daughter who is 4 is very into Renaissance, Early not Late (Donatello, Sandro Botticelli) and very much into Victorian Classicism (Sir Edward Poynter, Herbert Draper)

I hope this helps. :D

Latest posts