2013 Tracker Topper 1436 help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnny,

Here is a pic of how I ran the conduit. This is the front end of the back bench. You will notice the cuts on the top and bottom of the flange where the rib on the side of the boat is. Let me know if you need anything else. When I decided to do the boat mod I dove head first into researching the hell out every avenue. It might be a little bit of a problem. :LOL2:

Attachments

• Conduit.jpg
    Conduit.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 1,956
I went to bass pro yesterday and picked up a Minn Kota 45# bow mount foot controlled trolling motor and a hummingbird 596c DI/FF on sale I couldn't pass up. I plan on attempting to wire this weekend. Today I'm going to buy two batteries from probably either Walmart or Costco. One for my trolling motor/scanner and the other for backup that I can switch to if I need to.

What batteries do you guys recommend for under $100 each? Is something like this going to be okay?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-27DC-6-Marine-Battery/16795212#Specifications

I heard a lot of good reviews about Costco batteries and plan on checking em out as well since walmart and Costco are next door to each other(how convenient).

I made some progress on my deck. It's definitely high and I'm hoping since I'm a smaller guy and this will usually be fished on just by me I can make it work. Also, the floor is removable. It's snug but can lifted out. I didn't want to attach the floor to the aluminum for fear of causing too much stress on the rivets below.

0f22a654032667e8d99bd7d0fc964bdf_zps35951429.jpg

af59252562eed6e1dec3c2e52030fe55_zpsd4ed8750.jpg

fb05b280d3c88bf02034fdd68347e451_zpsa1dfe9e1.jpg

1cea2dcec87a8f340f9877621a747f74_zps40dfaa21.jpg

Looks Great. I am definitely jealous of the fish finder you have. I am running a fishing buddy and it pretty much sucks but at least I know how deep I am. Keep up the good work.

Hey guys so I finally had my maiden voyage on Wednesday and have her about 95% done. Everything seemed to pose a problem for me building this boat(they say nothing is ever easy, though). From the trailer to waiting a day between multiple coats of spar varnish it was just a pain in the *** and can't say I would ever do this again but who knows.

I give props to the guys who do this for a living and guys wo have done it multiple times. Just going to save up for a fiberglass bass boat next time. Anyways here's a few more photos ill throw into the mix. I'm still tweaking around with my trailer, gonna re do the bunks and foot pedal for my trolling motor.

ff12db6c5b75fc5abe5e684583e98e5b_zps7b24dbd6.jpg

849c63f5ca8345e83bb2dded047fe5a5_zpsceb23664.jpg

e6a7fed37f9829359a54fca0c83ef46f_zps1db9717f.jpg

Also, a comment about the stability. I have absolutely not problems with this. All of you guys saying that it can't be done, glad I did not listen to you! I have those decks to the lip of my boat and have no issues. Granted, it's not perfect but if you have a decent sense of balance and aren't a huge guy I don't see how this boat could give you issues. I'm not a very large guy but I'm not the smallest either, it just comes down to how comfortable you are with your balance.

So far the new guys asking about stability and can it be done with a 36" wide boat...absolutely!

Good job man I am super glad stability is not a problem for you. I just picked up my Tracker 1542 2 days ago :)

Did you get your VIP Owners discount card from Bass Pro shop? I got mine and it is a pretty good with 20 percent discount on certain items. I maybe doing the deck the same way you did as the floating deck seems cool. I have about 3 weeks left on my quarantine of the trailer.. Boat was new so I got the green tag on that.

1. What size plywood did you use3/4"? Would 1/2" have worked or too thin?

2. How and where did you mount your transducer?

3. How is the weight distribution with batteries in the back working for you?

4. What is the left of the shaft on the front trolling motor and is it working well? (I have a 54" that I know I will have to shorten/cut)

5. Will 2 batteries be enough for everything?

6. Did you catch any fish on Wednesday :p

Great looking boat!

Goldiegoo said:
Good job man I am super glad stability is not a problem for you. I just picked up my Tracker 1542 2 days ago :)

Did you get your VIP Owners discount card from Bass Pro shop? I got mine and it is a pretty good with 20 percent discount on certain items. I maybe doing the deck the same way you did as the floating deck seems cool. I have about 3 weeks left on my quarantine of the trailer.. Boat was new so I got the green tag on that.

1. What size plywood did you use3/4"? Would 1/2" have worked or too thin?

2. How and where did you mount your transducer?

3. How is the weight distribution with batteries in the back working for you?

4. What is the left of the shaft on the front trolling motor and is it working well? (I have a 54" that I know I will have to shorten/cut)

5. Will 2 batteries be enough for everything?

6. Did you catch any fish on Wednesday :p

Great looking boat!

Hey man!
Yah I scored having the trailer and boat brand new so no quarantine only had to wait 2 weeks to finish my deck. I got that discount but I can't really stand bass pro shops. I try to order from tackle warehouse as much as possible.

1. I used 5/8" plywood on the front deck. It's plenty. And I used 1/2" on my removable floor and back bench.

2. I made the mount for my transducer and painted it black with my trailer paint.

3. The weight distribution is great. I need even more weight back though. So I plan on putting a rear mounted trolling motor soon. I also keep my "anchor" that I never use back there just for extra weight.

4. 45" shaft on the trolling motor. It's perfect I can raise it up a little bit and that's alright with me.

5. The Kirkland batteries From costco I bought are perfect. I was out for 6 hours on Wednesday and it was only at 79% when I got home. I went out for 5 1/2 hours Friday and it only was at 90% lol. Great batteries.

6. No fish yet...from what I heard April has been a brutal month. I'm looking forward to the later summer/fall though.

Congrats on the new boat brotha...looking forward to meeting ya out there.

Sweet thanks for answering the questions. I got one more. Where did you buy your alkyd spar varnish and what size I am also doing a rear deck and side walls. We live so close to Home Depot and Lowes heheheh. Last June for me was so good on topwater at the dam. Get some poppers!

Yeah I stocked up on some spooks. Don't go to Home Depot for paint products! Go to the lowes. It's "Cabot Spar Varnish." I think I bought the last gallon of it and that stuff is so regulated its a shame. I'm pretty sure they had quarts of it though. I got gloss but semi gloss is just fine.

Hey Johnny,

I finally got mine out on the water and it is awesome except for the trolling motor set up I have. I am actually going to get the Minn Kota Edge 45 which I think is the same one you have. How do you like it? I can't find the owner's manual for that thing online anywhere and I was wondering what size wire comes off of the trolling motor to the battery?

Thanks and I hope you have gotten some fish stink on that thing!!!!

Hey goody,

The M.K edge 45# is alright. I'm not thrilled with it as I had to take my original one in for a exchange at bass pro shops I think it had a faulty switch. Minn Kota customer service said they think I burned it out by running on speed 5 too much, which is ridiculous because the thing wasn't even a month old but I don't know. Now I run on speed 4 with both my rear and front trolling motor when I need to get somewhere. :roll: thank goodness the lake I fish at is small.
The size wire that comes off the foot control/motor is 8 gauge. I have 6 gauge wire connected to that which runs to the back of my boat where my batteries are. Let me know if you need any other help or questions. I've been meaning to update some pictures of my boat. Take care man.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's the 3rd or 4th time I have heard that about those motors. I might go with the equivalent motor guide which is pretty much the exact same motor but they don't have it at walmart. I have a trip coming up and basically have to pick up the trolling motor and install the day I leave which is why the Walmart option is the best for me.

Thanks again for the reply.

One More quick question. It looks like the wires fro the trolling motor come out of the foot pedal in your pictures. Is that correct?