25 hp Merc fuel starvation problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rallypedigree

Reaction score
Been chasing a problem on my new to me boat, first time out it was cutting/surging at high throttle like it was starving for fuel. I tore down the carb and it looked very clean, still sprayed it and ran guitar string everywhere.
After watching YouTube, went and looked at the fuel hose and noticed that it is the grey hose. I tried to take the To Motor connector off and it was really difficult, turns out it was fused to the inner plastic. My suspicion now is that the liner has failed and is collapsing at WOT and starving the engine for fuel. Will report back after new hoses.

Attachments

• IMG_0740.jpeg
    IMG_0740.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0738.jpeg
    IMG_0738.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 0
Could be. This issue is a very common one with the "silver"hose and has been mentioned numerous times.
In this forum we try to stress the "Do it once and do it right" method of repair. Using OEM parts during those repairs is critical in effecting a proper and long lasting repair.

Follow up, I think the hose was the culprit. Replaced with fuel line from Napa and did an engine run on the trailer at the river where she ran great.