4 rods to choose from

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sporty said:
Makes alot of sense. Well I finally made the move . Travelled 100 miles to my favourite and really only supplier. I looked at the Crucial , loomis Walleye, and was sold on a Shimano CuCx68M Cumara 6'8" 1/4-1/2 oz
Medium , X fast. This was they say a step up from the Crucial. I settled for a medium because I really don't do a lot of casting into weed beds.
I really liked the feel of it , very light. See what it will be like with the SOL that is on it's way . If It doesn't work out I'll try the Sol on my GLX and IMX.
Thanks guys for all your opinions, it's nice to be able to walk into a supplier and ask alot questions and do little tests.
This rod is so new that there are no evaluations on Cabelas or Bass Pro
sites.They don't even sell them as trigger rods. I hope it is because they are new and not garbage.

:D :D Thanks guys for supporting my purchase of a rod and reel.
It was all of your comments as a result of first hand usage that I purchased both of them . I was really mixed up !!!!!!
NOW will I catch any fish with the combo :?: . I know that I will have a great time trying different presentations and lure selections with it.
I am presently using Crystal Fire Line . I know it great for trolling and top water lures . Casting others I am not sure yet .

sporty said:
:D :D Thanks guys for supporting my purchase of a rod and reel.
It was all of your comments as a result of first hand usage that I purchased both of them . I was really mixed up !!!!!!
NOW will I catch any fish with the combo :?: . I know that I will have a great time trying different presentations and lure selections with it.
I am presently using Crystal Fire Line . I know it great for trolling and top water lures . Casting others I am not sure yet .

Im slowly moving to braid on Mattmans and Shinerman77 recommendation. Once you get used to it I can see the god awful stretch. My suggestion for the technique you are using it for.....30 pound braid with half the spool the same diameter mono backing.

Fishin NJ said:
Thats too funny Jim, just heard woo say that last night in his dvd. About only spooling up the front 1/2 with the good stuff and use mono for backing. I think his exact thoughts were you shouldn't be making that long of cast anyway. :wink:

I still put on abou 60-75 yards. I dont cast more than 60 feet anyway. Any more than that and I usually don't get a solid hookset.

:D :D Just recieved my SOL . Put it on my Cumara and oh my it sure feels nice. Now I have to wait 5 months before I can test it . I will be pitching down stairs during the winter , Hope I don't break anything.
Yeh!! the color is really neat. Lite and smooth.
Thanks guys for all your recommendations .