73 Sears 14' Shallow v

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like your layout. The center livewell will be easily reachable from the front or rear of the boat. Nothing like trying to pass a still-fighting fish from one end of the boat to the other! :shock: Are you going to set it up to be used as a third seat?

I love the idea of what you have planned. I just purchased a 12 footer yesterday and have many plans for it also. First I want to start painting it and wanted to know what type of paint you used. I am very new to this so I was wondering if the paint you used was specific for boats and where did you purchased it. Any information on paint and the process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Taiko said:
I love the idea of what you have planned. I just purchased a 12 footer yesterday and have many plans for it also. First I want to start painting it and wanted to know what type of paint you used. I am very new to this so I was wondering if the paint you used was specific for boats and where did you purchased it. Any information on paint and the process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Great question: I highly recommend searching this site for other information around painting. Lots of discussion. The top coat paint I used was an oil based enamel paint. Got it a Lowes. I rolled on the white and then used a method called tipping for the blue. It really gives a smooth look. Very pleased with the results. But again...do your research.

Thanks for the info, I will try the tipping technique and hopefully I won't screw it all up. I hope your enjoying your boat!

how does it do with the bench seat out ?i am thinking about removeing mine but was worried it would be weak as result