anchor winch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Downtown

Reaction score
Does anybody have or used an electric anchor winch? I was thinking of getting one for my grizzly so I can raise and lower my anchor from the console. Are they worth the money?

I have been using the minn kota deckhand on my tin. So far loving it and have absolutely no problem encountered. Only thing you need to be aware of is the weight capacity of the electric anchor. Anyway, no more achy back after a day of fishing moving from spots to spots. And with the convenience brought by the electric anchor, I am loving fishing in windy days too now. :wink:

I have a Minn Kota deckhand pontoon 40 on the boat. Wouldn't want to be without it.
A guy I fish with has had one on his boat for years. If you drop anchor a lot, especially in a river, they are great.
He never seemed to have a problem with his, and we used it quite a bit.
I bought the pontoon because it has the removable mount and remote switch included.

Thanks for the info
I fish the Susquehanna and we are constantly anchoring and then moving, I think my wife would appreciate one since she has been the anchor operator.

Latest posts