Anyone know anything about this trolling motor? Evinrude 24V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
I recently got one of these trolling motors from craigslist for $100.00. I am wondering what their max amp draw is so I can get the right breaker.
It is an Evinrude 24V 54# Thrust. It looks exactly like the Minn Kota Maxxum series with the exception of the shaft. Here is a pic of one for sale online.
T72.jpg
Here is a similar one with higher thrust - https://kpr.craigslist.org/boa/1702248645.html

I can't find any info on these anywhere, does anyone have a clue what the max amp draw would be? I have heard that 24V do not require the same AMPs as a 12V. I have a 40Amp breaker from a local auto parts store, would that be sufficient?

One other question on it. Can you adjust how loose the foot control cable is? This one almost turns by itself, my last one had a little bit of resistance and woould stay where it was pointing until you moved it with your foot.

Pretty sure a 40amp would be alittle to big.
A 24V should draw half the amps a 12V TM would.
I found this on line:"My Service manual lists the BFL4TP as 56 Pounds Thrust, 29 Amps Maximum Current, 42 inch shaft"
A 40 would work just might not trip fast enough.

Wow, I wasn't expecting it to be that low draw. It will certainly trip faster than not having one at all lol. :wink: